Participation in orientation is required for all students new to Tacoma Community College (TCC). New Student Orientation (NSO) provides an overview of programs and services to support you here at TCC.
If you are a student in the following programs (International Student, Running Start, Fresh Start, Basic Education for Adults (BEdA), English Language Acquistion (ELA), High School Completion or Continuing Education), please contact the program to complete your specialized orientation.
In this orientation, you will:
- Tell us about yourself
- Select your education pathway
- Learn how to complete the rest of your admissions steps
- Explore education funding resources
- Identify your academic advisor for class planning
- Learn how to enroll in a class
- Find out what you need to prepare for your first quarter
- Take your next steps
Before you start the orientation:
- Be prepared for it to take about 60 minutes to complete.
- You can save your spot anytime by clicking the save button at the bottom of each page.
- We recommend using a laptop, tablet or desktop computer for ease of use.
YOUR NEXT STEPS
After you have submitted the NSO, you will receive an email with your next steps, Academic Advisor contact information and resources guide.
Please allow two business days for the orientation hold to be removed from your account.
If you have any questions or need help with your next steps at TCC, please contact the Entry team.
New Student Toolkit
These materials will help you settle into life as a TCC Titan!
TCC Portal and Email Tutorial
ctcLink Registration Tutorial
How do I register for classes?
Get the most out of your TCC experience with Pathways Advising
Do you have college and career goals? It's so important for you to connect with an advisor as soon as possible in order to meet your goals and complete your program on time. Working with an academic advisor can help you stay on track and make informed decisions about your future. They can also connect you to opportunities and resources across campus.