Graduation occurs when a student officially and successfully completes all of the graduation requirements for a particular degree or certificate. Students must apply to graduate and are responsible for ensuring they have met all program-specific and general College requirements.
Step 1: Review your ctcLink account to ensure you are in the correct Program Plan for degree posting. Review your active Program Plans in ctcLink by selecting Student Homepage --> Academic records--> My Program.
Step 2: Review your Transfer Credit Report in ctcLink if you have transfer credit from a different institution. Student Homepage -->Academic records--> View Transfer Credit Report. Only Official Transcripts will be used to grant credit. If you have not submitted official transcripts, submit them as soon as possible for an official evaluation.
Step 3: Meet with your advisor to review your academic progress. You and your advisor should review the following items to ensure the correct graduation term:
- Total credit requirement will be met
- GPA requirements will be met
- Verify that at least 25% of the total applicable credits for the specific credential must be taken in Residence at TCC. (Degrees and Graduation Policy)
- All degree and/or certificate requirements will be fulfilled
- Review your program plans and/or certificates and work with your advisor to submit any program plan additions. Also submit a discontinue program plan form for any plans that will not be continued or graduated.
- Decide if you will be continuing to take classes with TCC after you graduate. If you will continue taking classes with TCC after you graduate ctcLink requires you to be declared in a program plan. Work with your advisor to submit a program plan addition form for the next program you are seeking. We do have a Non-degree seeking program plan in addition to the Degrees and Certificates listed in the academic catalog.
Step 4: Complete the Application for Degree and a degree worksheet with your advisor. List all colleges from which credits are to be used to complete degree requirements. Applications must be signed by both student and advisor.
*Note: During this time advisors can also confirm if Enrollment Services has received an official transcript/s. STAFF: can log into ctcLink and selecting NavBar > Navigator > Records and Enrollment > Transfer Credit Evaluation > External Education locate the student record and the appropriate school. Then select "Comments" (text in small blue print) to view TCC Credential Evaluator comments.
Step 5: Indicate how you would like your name to appear on your diploma by logging into ctcLink and selecting Student Homepage-->Profile--> Select the plus sign (+) and the Degree Name type should appear to allow you to enter your Diploma Name.
Step 6: Submit the completed Graduation Application and final degree worksheet to email@example.com by the beginning of your last quarter.
Step 7: Complete the Graduating Student Survey.
Step 1: Review your ctcLink account to ensure you are in the correct Program Plan for Certificate posting. Review your active Program Plans in ctcLink by selecting Student Homepage --> Academic records--> My Program. If you do not see the certificate you are applying for listed please work with your advisor to submit a Program Plan Change Form to add the certificate/s to your record.
Step 2: Meet with your program chair/advisor to review your academic progress.
Step 3: Fill out the Application for Certificate with your program chair/advisor. Indicate how you would like your legal name to appear on your diploma. List all colleges from which credits are to be used to complete certificate requirements. Applications must be signed by both student and program chair/advisor.
Step 4: Submit completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the beginning of the term you complete the Certificate requirements.
Step 5: Complete the Graduating Student Survey.
Diplomas for degrees and certificates are awarded once final grades have posted and a final graduation evaluation confirms all requirements have been satisfied. Diplomas are mailed to graduates 4-6 weeks after the end of the quarter in which they graduate.
Graduating Student Survey
Congratulations on your achievements! We would love to hear from you. Please tell us about your TCC experience.