Before starting your application, please have the following items:
- Bank Statement showing at least USD $18,426 (issued within the last 6 months)
- Copy of High School or College Transcript
- Copy of Passport Photo Page
- Student must be at least 16 years of age
After your completed application is received, an admissions package will be created within two-business days. In the event that your application was submitted incomplete, please use the following resources to finalize your submission.
Missed a supporting document when completing the online application? Submit additional documents:
- Online: Submit Supporting Documents
- By email: email@example.com
- OR Mail to:
International Programs, Tacoma Community College
6501 South 19th Street - Bldg. 11, 2nd Floor
Tacoma, WA 98466 - USA
For all applications, there is a $50 application fee and $50 express mail fee. Students can pay fees:
- When submitting the online application
- Through the Online Payment Form (please select International in the type of payment field)
- With a check from an American bank, bank draft or Cashier's check (payable to Tacoma Community College)
- Via Money order from the postal service (not Western Union)
- Deferral Request Form: Defer your TCC admission to a different quarter
- Transfer Form: Transfer to TCC from another U.S. school. (Form may be submitted by e-mail)
- English Proficiency Form: Submit proof of TOEFL/IELTS/English 101
- Release of Information Form: Give TCC staff permission to share your academic progress with any people/agency/school you authorize
- Parental Consent Form: To be completed by students under the age of 18
After your application is received, an acceptance package will be created for you within two-business days. This package contains:
- TCC Admission letter
- A Consulate letter (supporting your request for a student visa)
- A High School Completion Dual Degree letter (for students who have not graduated High School)
- Your I-20 (this document confirms your acceptance as an international student in the U.S.)
I-20 and Visa Interview
You will need to pay a SEVIS and visa fee, make an interview appointment with the U.S. Consular Office in your home country and present the complete admissions package to them during your interview.
Be sure to keep your documents safe! If you lose any of your documents, please notify us immediately.
WHAT TO EXPECT WITH YOUR VISA INTERVIEW
- Most interviews last only 1-2 minutes and are conducted in English*
- Preparing for your visa interview is very important
- Providing thorough and honest answers are absolutely necessary
ESSENTIAL THINGS TO REMEMBER
- This is a Study Visa. Be sure to have a clear plan of what you plan to study and where you intend to transfer after TacomaCC.
- Demonstrate you can afford tuition and living expenses. You can do this by providing valid sources of funding and how those will be sustained throughout your 4+ years in the U.S.
- *Request to be interviewed in your native language, if you intend to study English (EAP) first.
- Show your intention to return home. Demonstrate strong ties to your home country and a motive to return home after you complete your studies.
WHAT QUESTIONS TO PREPARE FOR
- Why have you chosen to study at Tacoma Community College?
- How will you fund your studies?
- Do you have family members or relatives in the United States?
- What do you intend to do at the completion of your studies? (Career plan and intent to return home)