TCC's Early Childhood Education program: Emphasis on Children with Exceptionalities prepares students to become successful early childhood professionals working with young children to meet their individual needs. This program is for people wanting to work with young children (birth through 8 years old), including children who are culturally, linguistically and ability diverse. The program fulfills Washington State childcare licensing guidelines and requirements. Grants are available for interested students with the Early Achievers Opportunity Grant.
We provide a supportive, welcoming environment for every student in our program, assisting you to attain your educational and career goals. Please contact the ECE Program Chair for an appointment to get started (See contact information below). There is no formal admission process. (Note: This program requires a criminal background check.)
This program offers two levels of achievement for increasing levels of job responsibility.
Enrollment is open to:
- Individuals who would like to work with young children including those who are culturally, linguistically, and ability diverse
- Individuals who would like to work or currently work in childcare, both center-based and family homes
- Current child care providers
- Current early childhood teachers
- Current paraeducators or teacher assistants