The Student Learning Centers are online to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
Tutoring at TCC...together online!
The WTC, BEC, and MARC have joined forces on Zoom.
Here is how to find us
Start here by clicking on Tutoring Support at TCC
- Self-enroll (only first time)
- Open course (which will be added to your Canvas courses)
You’ll find . . .
- Tutoring options for math, science, writing, English, social sciences, and business courses.
- The link to our Virtual Tutoring Center on Zoom
- Live drop-in and appointment tutoring
- Tutoring Schedules
- “Submit a paper” program to get feedback on your writing
- Link to eTutoring
- Handouts and Resources!
Here are some details about each access method
ZOOM: LIVE TUTORING
For all business courses supported by the BEC
To access Zoom sessions (free to TCC students)
We will send the MEETING ID NUMBER by email and make accessible in the Portal so you can access these services after April 5.
If you miss it or have questions, please see the contact info at the bottom of this email:
- Navigate to zoom.us (https://zoom.us/)
- Select Join a Meeting from the header
- Enter the meeting ID number
- You will be prompted with questions regarding your audio and video preferences
- After selecting your preferred audio and video use, you will be placed in a waiting room
- The assigned staff member will add you to the session and assist you with your questions in the order that you enter
Additional support through e-TUTORING: LIVE TUTORING
Available support in etutoring for Statistics, Accounting, Economics, and Microsoft Office.
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students)
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
Get paid to help your fellow students
Tutoring is a paid position with a time commitment of 5-12 hours per week. Qualified applicants will have a desire to facilitate the learning of their fellow students, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong recommendation from an instructor in the discipline they are supporting, and previous completion of the course they support with a 3.0 or better.
To apply, visit Careers at TCC and select the job title Tutor, Dedicated Tutor, and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader – Pool.