Tuition & Payment
It’s important to be aware of how much college costs so you can plan your finances. If any of the numbers look too big, don’t forget that financial aid is available as well as scholarships. Make sure you include financial literacy as part of your planning process.
Tuition Due Dates
Tuition and Fees
If you belong to one of the following categories we have additional resources to help in your admission
- A Payment Drop Box is located in Bldg. 14, by the front door. All payments received for the day will be processed on the next business day. Payments made during the weekends will be processed on the following Monday or on the next business day.
- Online. Tuition payments can be made in ctcLink.
- By mail. You may send your payment to the TCC Cashier's Office, Bldg. 14 at 6501 South 19th Street, Tacoma, WA 98466. Be sure to include your Student ID number to insure proper payment. We do not recommend mailing a check unless you are sure it will arrive on time.
- Automatic Tuition Payment Plan – a way to pay your tuition in installments while going to school.
- Withdrawal resulting from classes being cancelled by the college - 100%
- Withdrawal prior to the end of the first instructional week of the quarter (equivalent to five school days) - 100%
- Withdrawal or class schedule change (class swap) from the 6th through the 20th calendar day of the quarter - 40%
- Withdrawal or class schedule change (class swap) after the 20th calendar day of the quarter - 0%
- Please Note: Early/late starting and short courses (such as Summer quarter) have pro-rated deadlines. Check with Enrollment Services for details.
- The State of Washington permits exception to the above policy for a student unable to complete a quarter due to serious illness or medical emergency or call to active military service directed by RCW 28B.10.270. Students are required to fill out the Petition for Policy Exception Form (PDF) in these cases and return it to Enrollment Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Late Add/Reinstatement Fee
If payment is not received by the tuition due date, the student may be removed from classes in order to allow other students to register. Once removed, there is no guarantee the student will be able to re-register into the same class(es). All registration must be completed by the published deadline. Students may petition the Registrar to add classes after the deadline and a $36.50 reinstatement fee per class will be charged if the petition is approved.
Tuition is due immediately if a student registers after the due date.
Contact Student Financial Services for more help.