What is transcript review?
If you have taken a placement test (COMPASS or ACCUPLACER) at another college in the last two years we can use that for placement. Transcript review is for transfer students who have credit for classes taken at another college.
How do I have my transcripts reviewed?
Unofficial transcripts can be used for placement. Follow these steps to have your transcript reviewed:
1. Prepare your transcript for TCC review.
- Make sure you're admitted to TCC. You can upload your unofficial transcripts in the process. You should see evaluation for placement in your ctcLink Student Portal within 72 hours. Please allow extra time for weekends and holidays.
- Your name and the college name must be clearly noted on every page
- Your TCC student ID number must be noted on every page
2. Send your prepared transcript to TCC. You can either email it or bring it in person.
- Email to Assessment - email@example.com. Please include your transcript as an attachment
- Bring it to Assessment Services, Bldg. 7, Tacoma campus. Assessment has a drop box for these transcripts at our Placement Customer Service counter. You should see evaluation for placement in your ctcLink Student Portal within 72 hours. Please allow extra time for weekends and holidays.
3. You'll be notified of class placement within 72 hours via ctcLink in the Student Portal.
- For specific class selections, please see an advisor.
- This review process places you into classes.
- You cannot earn credit unless Enrollment Services evaluates your official transcript. To get credit for transfer classes, order official transcripts from your former college and have that school send them to TCC (Bldg. 7, Enrollment Services, 6501 S. 19th St., Tacoma, WA 98466), or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the Evaluation of Incoming Credits (pdf) to Enrollment Services in Bldg 7 or email it to email@example.com. Allow 6-8 weeks for evaluation process, longer during peak graduation periods. Transfer transcripts are evaluated AFTER student has registered for at least one quarter.