How to Apply
|Program Starts||Application Dates||Application Deadline|
|Fall quarter||Jan. 1 - April 7||5 p.m. April 7|
The Radiologic Science application will be available online via your TCC Portal beginning Jan. 1. Applications will only be accepted via the online submission process.
For more detailed information about Admission Requirements, please download the Radiologic Science Program packet.
- Apply for general admission to Tacoma Community College.
- Participate and complete the Radiologic Science Virtual Information Session within the academic year immediately prior to application deadline
- Complete the required 8-hour hospital visitation
- Complete the 7 specific prerequisite courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course
- Provide evidence of completion of the 7 prerequisite courses with a grade of C (2.0) or better in each course
- Ensure that all official transcripts from other accredited colleges are received in the Records & Registration Office, Bldg. 7 by the application deadline of April 7.
Visitation Instructions, Guidelines and Forms
Before applying to the Radiologic Science, you must provide documentation showing that you have completed an 8-hour visitation (job shadow) to a diagnostic radiology department. This visit allows you to see what a staff radiographer's job entails. TCC's Radiologic Science program is designed to prepare a student to effectively work in this type of environment.
For more detailed information, please download:
Radiologic Science Visitation Instructions and Guidelines
Radiologic Science is a competitive application program. Students will be awarded points based on the grades they earn in prerequisite courses, and from feedback received from the students' 8-hour visit to a diagnostic radiology department. Students earning the highest number of points will be admitted to the program.
If selected, you will receive an offer letter via the TCC e-mail, which will provide a date by which you need to confirm acceptance of offer. If your response for acceptance is not received by the deadline the offer will be rescinded and provided to the next student on the list.
If Not Selected
If you are not selected, and wish to be considered for future drawings, you must reapply. You do not need to resubmit transcripts. Please note that students who are not selected for the Radiologic Science program are given additional points if they chose to apply again the next year.
Questions about TCC's Radiologic Science program? Check here!