The TCC Men of Distinction (MOD) initiative is a co-curricular experience that fosters leadership, nurtures professional and personal development, and is a support network for its members. In scholarly pursuit, members and mentors learn from one another by promoting and stimulating self-efficacy, academic excellence, career aspirations, and a sense of community.
Men of Distinction helps young men entering college in the following ways.
The benefits of brotherhood are boundless; beyond the support system that will carry each of our MOD participants through their collegiate co-curricular experience. There will be opportunities for professional advancement, skillset improvement and leadership enhancement in a non-threatening forgiving environment where learning and growth are possible.
Provide an additional layer of academic support through tutoring and supplemental academic programs (i.e. learning communities, peer led tutoring, group tutoring, and study groups) that provides direct accountability to all students who participate in the MOD co-curricular initiative.
The 2022-23 co-curricular experience will focus on the following programmatic areas:
- Serving Our Community Saturday Series
- Personal/Professional Development Series
- Brotherhood Social Series
- EDI Focus Forum Series
- Student Success Series
- Recruitment/Outreach Series
- MOD Signature Programs Series Fall 2022 Quarter
- 2022 Fall MOD Institute: “Cultural Connections” September Kick Off
- Fall Quarter Welcome Back Social (September)
- 2022 International Men’s Day leadership Luncheon (November)
Questions? Contact us!
Keith E. Moore, Associate Director