The Safe Zone initiative works to identify, train, and support advocates of the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Intersex, Transgender and Questioning) community on TCC's campuses.
Taking Steps Together
Being an advocate for LGBTQ people at TCC requires having a support system, knowledge about the issues and a deep respect for diversity. With the Safe Zone initiative, TCC has become a place where we can have conversations, answer questions, and provide resources for LGBTQ people and their allies.
TCC's Safe Zone initiative works to:
- Uphold TCC's responsibility to create a safe climate for all students
- Help students to identify allies on campus
- Make issues around sexual identity visible and positive
- Provide resources and support for allies and advocates
- Provide strong role models for mentoring and supporting LGBTQ community members
- Create a stronger sense of community through greater understanding of LGBTQ culture
TCC Allies & Advocates
Sometimes you need more than understanding. Dozens of TCC staff have completed Safe Zone training and have committed themselves to be your Allies & Advocates.
Contact us to learn more or to find campus advocates.