Which degrees and certificates can Workforce Grants provide funding?
- Workforce Programs support students pursuing Professional Technical degree and certificates.
I would like to pursue an Associates of Arts (AA) transfer program at TCC, can I get funding?
- General Academic Transfer AA DTA is not eligible for Workforce Grants.
- Basic Food Employment & Training (BFET) funds can assist with TCC's following Academic
- Associate of Arts in Biology, Business, Computer Science, Music, Pre-nursing.
- Associate of Science with specialization in Astronomy/Physics; Atmospheric Science; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Engineering; Earth Sciences; General Engineering; Environmental Sciences.
- Associate of Science in Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Civil, Aeronautical, Industrial and Material Science Engineering.
- Worker Retraining, Workfirst, and Opportunity Grant cannot assist any Academic Transfer Programs.
Could I pursue a Bachelor degree at TCC and be eligible for Workforce funding?
- Worker Retraining Grant can assist all Bachelor of Applied Science Degrees.
- Opportunity Grant can assist the Health Information Management (HIM) Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) and the Community Health Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS).
- BFET and Workfirst cannot assist students in a Bachelor degree program but can assist with an AAST degree that may lead to a BAS degree.
I received Pell Grant for tuitions and books, can I still get funding from Workforce?
- Workforce funding is ‘start-up’ and ‘fill-in the gap’ funding. When Pell Grant or other grants fully fund a student's tuition, fees, and books, Workforce cannot provide additional funding since there is no need for that quarter. Students should inquire about resources to assist with other needs.
- For additional questions, please contact us.
I attended a Workforce Workshop and completed the Intake Application, now what?
- We have provided you with a Workforce student checklist, please follow the checklist. For additional questions and help, please contact us.
I am not sure what program I want to study - Can I still apply for Workforce Funding?
- TCC has many degrees that lead to good careers. Attending a Workforce Workshop will outline the programs eligible for funding, get you started on enrolling and highlight resources available to help you choose a degree path.