Applying for and receiving your financial aid could be the most important step to
reach your goals at TCC. Below is important information about applying for financial aid.
Remember, your file is not considered complete until we have received all required documents and all discrepancies have been resolved.
Students must apply for aid every year. At TCC, the school year begins fall quarter and ends summer quarter.
What Quarter Do You Want to Start?
Below you will find new quarter start dates and file completion deadlines.
|Quarter You Want To Start||Financial Aid File Completion Date (deadline date)||Class Open Enrollment Begins||Tuition is Due||Quarter Begins|
|Fall 2020||May 28, 2020||June 8, 2020||September 3, 2020||September 21, 2020|
|Winter 2021||October 8, 2020||November 9, 2020||December 17, 2020||January 4, 2021|
|Spring 2021||January 28, 2021||February 23, 2021||March 11, 2021||March 29, 2021|
|Summer 2021||April 8, 2021||May 17, 2021||June 3, 2021||June 21, 2021|
*After the priority deadline, some Financial Aid funds are limited and based on availability only.
OTHER ACADEMIC DEADLINES
Steps to pay for college
You have completed your financial aid application at TCC when...
- You have applied for admission to TCC
- Your FAFSA information has been received by our office and it contains accurate information and all comments and requests for additional information have been resolved
- We have received your completed TCC institutional form
What Happens Next?
- When your file is complete, we will review your application materials. We will contact you via email if we need additional information or if we find discrepancies that must be resolved.
- Please check your TCC email regularly and respond to us promptly.
- You will receive an emailed award notification listing your financial aid awards.
Read Me! Important Information
- If you miss the file completion date for the quarter you want to start school, you can still attend, but you should be prepared to pay for your own tuition and books, as any financial aid you may be eligible to receive would not be ready until sometime after the start of the quarter.
- Students must apply for aid each year, not every quarter.
- Classes fill up quickly. Do not wait to enroll!
- Given the volume of applications, completed applications of students enrolled in classes will be reviewed first.
Common Pitfalls to Avoid
- Waiting too long to begin the process!
You should start the application process well before the deadline date for the quarter you want to start.
- Not reviewing your Student Aid Report (SAR).
You are responsible for ensuring the information on it is complete and accurate. Respond promptly to any comments.
- Not reading and following directions carefully.
Take the time to do this - it will save you time in the long run.