Apply by June 20
Applications will only be accepted via the online submission process. Applications will be available beginning in winter quarter, and will be accepted until 5 p.m. June 20.
Respiratory Therapy Online Application Process
Do you want to learn how to apply?
To apply to the Respiratory Therapy program, you must be a registered student at Tacoma Community College and have access to the student portal and a TCC e-mail account. If you have not attended TCC in the past 12 months, please fill out the TCC admission application.
It may take 24-48 hours for your account to be activated and for you to be granted TCC student portal and email access. Here's how to access the online application:
- Sign into the TCC portal (requires you to have an active TCC student account).
- Go to your Quick links area and expand the All Reports and Applications.
- Select the Academics tab and click on "make button" for the Allied Health/Nursing link.
- You should now see a button called Allied Health/Nursing on your Quick Links list.
- This will allow you to access the Respiratory Therapy online application. The application
process involves selecting the program you are applying for (e.g. Respiratory Therapy),
the quarter (e.g. Fall 2020) and uploading the required documentation:
- Unofficial transcripts
- Click on the square icon (in the upper right corner) to expand options. Select "All Applications"
- Select the Allied Health/Nursing link
- When you have completed the Respiratory Therapy online application, the system will send a confirmation e- mail to your TCC e-mail address. This is the only e-mail that Tacoma Community College/Allied Health Division will use to communicate with students regarding their Respiratory Therapy application.
NOTE: This program is not intended for transfer to most four-year colleges and universities. Students who plan to transfer should meet with the Program Chair prior to program enrollment.
Need help keeping track of the application steps?
Applicant Scoring Process
Admission into the Respiratory program is a competitive process. Applicants are awarded points based on prerequisite grades and other criteria, and admission into the program will be offered to the top scoring applicants.
There are typically more applicants to the program than there are available positions. Therefore, if a student takes all of the prerequisite classes and meets the other requirements for a completed application, it does not guarantee admission into the program. There is no waitlist to get into the program.
The Selection Process
Points will be calculated for each applicant, and admission to the program will be offered to the top-scoring applicants.
Applicants will be notified of their admission into the Respiratory Therapy program via their TCC email and will be asked to confirm their acceptance of admission. In the event that an applicant declines the offer to enter the program, that applicant's offer will be rescinded and an offer will be made to the next-highest scoring applicant. Please be patient, as this can be a time-consuming process.
If selected, you must respond to the email offering you a spot in the program in a timely manner. Please review the essential requirements to make sure you meet all the criteria needed to succeed in this page.
If Not Selected
If you are not selected, and wish to be considered for future drawings, you must reapply during the next application cycle. You would not need to resubmit transcripts, unless there is a grade change you would like to be considered. Before re-applying, please review the program admission requirements, as these are subject to change.
You may also wish to explore another allied health program offerings at TCC. To find out more about other health science programs offered at TCC, attend an information session Feel free to contact an advisor at 253-566-6091 or by email.