The TCC Nursing Program is dedicated to student success and serving our community. The program is reviewing our admissions criteria and considering a more holistic admissions process. The anticipated implementation date is for the Fall 2024 cohort admission cycle (from June 1st to July 1st, 2024). No decisions or changes have been identified at this time. All program updates will be posted here. Thank you for your patience and interest in the nursing program.
Nursing Program Application Process
|Student Category||Quarter Program Starts||Accepting Applications||Application Deadline|
|Full-time Nursing||Spring||Dec. 1 - Jan. 7||Jan. 7|
|Full-time Nursing||Fall/Winter||June 1 - July 1||July 1|
|LPN - RN Bridge Program||Winter||July 1 - Oct. 1||Oct. 1|
Things to Do Before Applying to the Nursing Program
- Review the nursing program packet.
- Assess that you have a cumulative college-level GPA of 2.5.
- Complete all factored and non-factored prerequisites, assessing that you have met the minimum GPA for each.
- Obtain CNA/NAC license. (International students, please meet with Associate Dean of Nursing to discuss options).
- Follow guidelines and complete an ATI TEAS Testing Exam.
- Apply to be a student at Tacoma Community College.
Readmitting Students: Call Outreach Services at 253-566-6042.
- Submit official transcripts for prerequisite work completed at other colleges to be sent to Enrollment Services by the published deadline or sooner. Official transcripts do not have to be evaluated by the deadline, just submitted by the deadline.
How to Apply to TCC's Nursing Program
- Sign into the TCC student portal (this requires you to have an active TCC student account)
- Click on the square icon (in the upper right corner), to expand options. Select “All Applications.”
- Select the Allied Health/Nursing link.
- Select your application choice.
- Upload: (1) TEAS test results; (2) NAC license; (3) military document; and (4) a list of colleges that you are sending official transcripts from. If you don’t have military service, upload a document and write “no experience.” Four documents must be uploaded or your application will be rejected.
- Click Submit and you are finished.
- When you have completed the application, the system will send a confirmation to your TCC email. This is an important step so please make sure you check the TCC email for this. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials and required documentation are received by the application deadline. Students do not need to wait UNTIL the deadline date to submit an application.
The Selection Process
In the first few weeks following a deadline, applications are evaluated for accuracy and weighted items are scored.
TCC uses a lottery system to select nursing students. If your application is disqualified for any reason, you will be notified by TCC student email prior to the lottery taking place. It is your responsibility to check your email for any communication regarding your application.
Qualified applicants are entered into the TCC nursing lottery, which selects students to fill program openings.
If you have qualified, your lottery ID (last 6 digits of student ID) will be posted along with your weighted score on the website prior to the lottery drawing date.
If Not Selected
If you are not selected, and wish to be considered for future drawings, you must reapply. You do not need to resubmit transcripts. Before re-applying, please review the program admission requirements, as these are subject to change.
You may also wish to explore a Pre-Nursing transfer degree or other allied health program offerings at TCC. To find out more about other health science programs offered at TCC, attend an information session Feel free to contact an advisor at 253-566-6091 or by email.