To apply for admission into the program students must have:
- Associate of Applied Science or equivalent degree or 90 college level credits* from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 with a minimum 2.0** in all applicable college level courses
- Must be in good standing*** (not currently suspended or prohibited from attending TCC)
Once accepted - must have the following completed before you can begin your upper division 300 - 400 level courses.
- Completion of Business Math or higher (grade of C or better)
- Completion of 5 credits of college level Composition (such as English 101) (grade of C or better)
- Completion of Intermediate Excel Course (such as CU 203) with a B or better OR Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification - Excel Core Level****
Please Note: we do have a Math Statistics requirement in the program curriculum. We have allowed for completion of this requirement over the summer before and first quarter of beginning the upper division courses. At the very least, this math requirement must be completed prior to taking BUS 320.
*We allow for completion of 90 college-level credits in lieu of an Associate Degree because we realize that students may have taken a variety of college level courses, but that those courses may not fit the requirements of any specific Associate Degree.
**Students who do not meet the GPA requirement(s) may petition to have their individual circumstances reviewed with submission of letter of explanation.
***Students with any incidence of academic dishonesty may submit a petition to have their individual circumstances reviewed with submission of a letter of explanation.
****We offer the MOS Certification exam on the TCC campus. You can sign up here for MOS Certification Testing.
Your application is strengthened if you have taken an introductory business class (BUS& 101 recommended) and an introductory accounting class, ACCT 101 or ACCT& 201.