The mission of the Certification & Testing Center at Tacoma Community College is to provide a professional testing environment for the campus and community that enables test candidates to complete their education and to obtain their degree or certificate of completion in accordance with the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines.
Are you inquiring about becoming a student at TCC?
Assessment Center Testing is in Bldg. 7
Open to the Community and General Public
We provide a comfortable testing environment in a state-of-the-art facility with brand new computers! We have everything you need to take the next step in your education or career.
You will be required to have a parking pass to park on campus. Please email email@example.com to request a temporary parking pass and to receive a campus map.
All GED tests are computer based. Register and make an appointment or call 1-877-392-6433 for information on computer-based testing through Pearson Vue.
Already completed the GED and need a transcript? Request a Transcript
Certification & Testing Center
All testing done by appointment only. We are not responsible for overnighting exams.
- Test candidates for proctored tests should contact the Certification & Testing Center in advance of the desired test date to provide materials for the test.
- Proctor fee payment can be paid at the time of your appointment by money order only. Proctor fees apply for the following: $40 for non-TCC students who take online classes at other colleges/universities.
Monday-Thursday: 8am to 3:45pm
NOTE: We may close early if all appointments are completed for that day. All tests are by appointment only.
Be prepared when you arrive!
- Expired ID’s are NOT accepted
- Bring your User Name and Password if required for launching your test
- Bring any certificates you may be required to present for testing
- Arrive ½ hour prior to your start time for check-in purposes as late arrivals may need to be rescheduled
- Studying time should be completed by your arrival time
- Lockers are provided for personal belongings (see list below for items allowed/not allowed in the test center)
Certification & Testing Center Policies and Procedures
All candidates must provide valid ID to test.
Items Not Allowed in the Test Center:
(Lockers are provided for test candidates to place all personal items and all items on the following list.)
- Hats or headgear. Religious headgear will be inspected by proctor before test candidate is permitted to enter the test room.
- Cell phones
- All electronic devices
- Watches and fitbits
- Gum, candy and any other food or beverage item
- Mechanical or personal writing instruments
- Any other items not allowed as noted on the proctor instruction form
- These rules allow us to remain in compliance with the test company contracts we have signed and agreed to as certified proctors. We offer the same level of service to all test candidates.
Advance your career through professional certification
We are an authorized testing center for:
Basics about the GED®And commonly asked questions