Things to do before applying to the TCC Nursing Program
ATI TEAS Exam Information
TCC is now requiring all nursing program applicants to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
A minimum overall score of 70% and minimum scores in each category as follows:
- Reading 75%
- Math 72%
- Science 63%
- English 70%
Students are allowed two attempts per year. This mean that you can't have more than two attempts in the 365 day period prior to the published application deadline for the cycle for which you are applying (example: If the deadline is July 1, 2017 you can only have two attempts from July 1, 2016 to July 1, 2017). All requirements must be met on one test; you can't use scores from multiple tests to meet the requirement. Results can be no more than three years old at application deadline.
How to register for the ATI TEAS Exam at TCC
- Go to www.atitesting.com and create a personal account.
- Account creation will require a username, password, contact information, etc. You will also be asked to provide student information. Be sure to select "Tacoma CC" as the school.
- After creating an account, log in, and select the "Online Store" to register for the TEAS.
- In the online store, select "TEAS" located in the left-hand column under "Register for..."
- On the next screen you will need to select the state and city, and then you will have the option to select a testing time and location.
- There is a testing fee of approximately $86 required to finish registration (This is an ATI company cost and is subject to change).
- After purchase, you will receive detailed instruction of where to go, the time of testing, and expectations of what to bring on the day of your assessment. Be prepared to fulfill these expectations or you will not be able to test at your scheduled time.
ATI TEAS Study Preparation
There are many resources available to prepare for the ATI TEAS. The resources best oriented towards this assessment are also available through ATI and located in the online store. These resources are produced and organized by the same developers of the ATI TEAS assessment.
Look under the ATI TEAS "Shop by", and there are six different study solutions for ATI TEAS success. The resource with the most value for preparation and ATI TEAS success is the ATI TEAS Study Package. This package includes two ATI TEAS practice assessments that mirror the assessment. It also includes the ATI TEAS Study Manual. Cost: $115 plus tax (This is an ATI company cost and is subject to change).