Applying after Oct. 1, 2018?
The information on this page is for students who plan to apply to the nursing program June 1 - July 1, 2018, and to the LPN-RN Bridge Program, July 1 - Sept. 1, 2018. If you plan to apply after these dates,
|Student Category||Program Start||Applications Accepted|
|Full-time Generic Nursing Students||Fall 2018 and Winter 2019||June 1 - July 1, 2018|
|Full-time LPN to RN applicants||Winter 2019||July 1 - Oct. 1, 2018|
Before Applying to the Nursing Program
- Review the nursing program packet and attend a Nursing Information Session
- Assess that you have a cumulative college-level GPA of 2.5
- Complete all Prerequisites
- Complete an ATI TEAS Testing Exam
- Apply to be a student at Tacoma Community College.
Readmitting Students: Call 253-566-5325 to update your application.
- Submit official transcripts for prerequisite work completed at other colleges to be sent to Enrollment Services by the published deadline or sooner. Transcripts do not have to be evaluated by the deadline, just SUBMITTED by the deadline.
- Compile any health care certifications or licenses.
Applying to TCC's Nursing Program
TCC's nursing program uses an online admission process. To apply you must be an admitted or registered student at Tacoma Community College, have access to the student portal and have a TCC student email account.
How to access the application:
- Sign in to the TCC portal
- Go to your Quick Links area.
- Expand the More Quick Links by pressing the + sign. Locate and expand the Academics tab by pressing the + sign.
- Select Allied Health/Nursing and Nursing Application and choose the appropriate application:
Nursing - Generic Entry (offered fall, winter, spring quarters) Nursing - Advanced Standing LPN (offered fall quarter)
- Complete the nursing application and make your selections. You do not fill out a lengthy application, it is a quick and simple process!
- Upload TEAS test results, any health care certifications or licenses as prompted (or a blank page). and upload proof of military service (or a blank page). You must upload 3 documents per instructions.
- Click Submit and you are finished.
When you have completed the application the system will send a confirmation email to your TCC email. Do not delete this email, keep it as reference that you have completed the online application.
In the first few weeks following a deadline, applications are evaluated for accuracy and weighted items are scored.
If your application is disqualified for any reason, you will be notified by TCC student email prior to the lottery taking place. It is your responsibility to check your email for any communication regarding your application.
If you have qualified, your lottery ID (last 6 digits of student ID) will be posted along with your weighted score on the website prior to the lottery drawing date.
Qualified applicants are entered into the TCC nursing lottery, which selects students to fill program openings.
TCC uses a weighted lottery to randomly select qualified students to fill its nursing cohorts.
TCC is committed to a fair and open lottery and to avoid any misinterpretation of results the program has instituted a witnessed verification process.
All students who successfully apply to the nursing program will be awarded a base score. The higher the student’s score, the greater the probability their name will be chosen. Scoring, weighting, and selection are done by a sophisticated mathematical software program that randomly selects students for open program slots. See Lottery Qualification.
- Once all applications are processed, qualified applicants and weighted scores will be posted on the website for review.
- If your application qualifies, your lottery ID number will be entered into the lottery, including the appropriate weight earned by your application.
- Selected applicants will be notified by TCC student email one to two days after the drawing.
- If a student is accepted and then declines, the next randomly generated number will be accepted. This can be a lengthy process, so please be patient.
For the fall and winter drawing, even number positions (i.e. 2, 4, 6, 8) will be offered a position in the fall class and odd number positions (i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7) will be used to fill the winter class.
Acceptance cannot be deferred to a future quarter.
If Not Selected
If you are not selected, and wish to be considered for future drawings, you must reapply. You do not need to resubmit transcripts. It is your responsibility to stay current on changes to our program admission requirements.