Nursing Program Application Process
|Student Category||Quarter Program Starts||Accepting Applications||Application Deadline|
|Full-time Nursing||Spring||Dec. 1 - Jan. 7||Jan. 7|
|LPN - RN Bridge Program||Winter||July 1 - Sept. 1||Oct. 1|
|Full-time Nursing||Fall/Winter||June 1 - July 1||July 1|
Things to Do Before Applying to the Nursing Program
- Review the nursing program packet and attend a Nursing Information Session.
- Assess that you have a cumulative college-level GPA of 2.5.
- Complete all factored and non-factored prerequisites, assessing that you have met the minimum GPA for each.
- Submit CNA/NAC license. (International students, please meet with Associate Dean of Nursing to discuss options).
- Follow guidelines and complete an ATI TEAS Testing Exam.
- Apply to be a student at Tacoma Community College.
Readmitting Students: Call 253-566-5325 to update your application.
- Submit official transcripts for prerequisite work completed at other colleges to be sent to Enrollment Services by the published deadline or sooner. Official transcripts do not have to be evaluated by the deadline, just submitted by the deadline.
How to Apply to TCC's Nursing Program
- Sign in to the TCC portal.
- Go to the Quick Links on the right side of the Portal home page.
- Expand the More Quick Links by pressing the + sign. Locate and expand the Academics tab by pressing the + sign.
- Select Allied Health/Nursing and choose the appropriate application:
- Nursing - Generic Entry (offered fall, winter, spring quarters)
- Nursing - Advanced Standing LPN (offered winter quarter)
- Complete the nursing application and make your selections. You do not fill out a lengthy application, it is a quick and simple process!
- Upload TEAS test results and current Nursing Assistant Certificate as prompted, and upload proof of military service (or a blank page, if not applicable). You must upload 3 documents per instructions.
- Click Submit and you are finished.
When you have completed the application the system will send a confirmation email to your TCC email. Do not delete this email, keep it as reference that you have completed the online application.
The Selection Process
In the first few weeks following a deadline, applications are evaluated for accuracy and weighted items are scored.
TCC uses a lottery system to select nursing students. If your application is disqualified for any reason, you will be notified by TCC student email prior to the lottery taking place. It is your responsibility to check your email for any communication regarding your application.
Qualified applicants are entered into the TCC nursing lottery, which selects students to fill program openings.
If you have qualified, your lottery ID (last 6 digits of student ID) will be posted along with your weighted score on the website prior to the lottery drawing date.
If Not Selected
If you are not selected, and wish to be considered for future drawings, you must reapply. You do not need to resubmit transcripts. Before re-applying, please review the program admission requirements, as these are subject to change.
You may also wish to explore a Pre-Nursing transfer degree or other allied health program offerings at TCC. To find out more about other health science programs offered at TCC, attend an information session Feel free to contact an advisor at 253-566-6091 or by email.