The Student Learning Centers are online and in person to support you in all of your academics. We care about your success during this challenging quarter!
In-person Tutoring in the MARC
Math Advising Resource Center (MARC): The MARC and Business Education Center (BEC) are in a combined center and offer support to all math courses!
- Math Tutoring
- Quarter-long Graphing Calculator Rental Program
- Quarter-long Scientific Calculator Calculator Check-out
- Open study Spaces
- Computers available
- Books and Calculators to be checked out for 2 hours
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: The MARC and BEC staff is located in Building 19 Room 22 (south end of building 19).
Tutoring at TCC...together online!
The WTC, BEC, and MARC have joined forces on Zoom.
- Mondays through Thursdays 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Here is how to find us
Start here by clicking on Tutoring Support at TCC
- Self-enroll (only first time)
- Open course (which will be added to your Canvas courses)
TCC’s Online Tutors: Online drop-in and appointment tutoring for all math courses.
How to access: Follow the link found on Tutoring Support at TCC Canvas page (select “Tutoring Support at TCC” above, then choose link “I want to meet with a tutor in zoom now!” and the “Click Here” link)
Additional support through eTUTORING: LIVE TUTORING
Available MATH support in eTutoring: Math (Developmental through Trigonometry, Calculus (all levels), and statistics.
To access eTutoring Platform (free to TCC students):
- Click on “eTutoring” button in your class menu in Canvas, using your current TCC login
OR . . .
- Access it through the Portal (go to the top of your Portal Page and hover over the box icon, then select “All Applications” then scroll down to “eTutoring”).
Other Important Information
If you still have a resource checked out from the MARC (book or calculator), please return it during our open hours (Mon - Fri 9:00 - 3:00). Email the MARC firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about returns.
Math Advising: Permission Codes/Milestone/Math Advice
Math Advising FAQs
Do you need advice about which math classes to take for your area of study or need help with math placement to get into a math class? Our Math Advising staff can help you with your options.
- Math Placement and Permission Code Request Forms
- What math classes should I take for my chosen area of study? Refer to the New Math Placement Chart (pdf)
- Interested in majoring in Mathematics? View the Math Degree Recommendation (pdf)
Get paid to help your fellow students
Tutoring is a paid position with a time commitment of 5-12 hours per week. Qualified applicants will have a desire to facilitate the learning of their fellow students, a GPA of 3.0 or higher, a strong recommendation from an instructor in the discipline they are supporting, and previous completion of the course they support with a 3.0 or better.
To apply, visit Careers at TCC and select the job title Tutor, Dedicated Tutor, and Supplemental Instruction (SI) Leader – Pool.