- U.S. citizen, permanent resident or eligible non-citizen
- Admitted to TCC as a regular student seeking an eligible TCC college degree or certificate
- Students must have a high school diploma, GED® or high school equivalency, OR meet Ability to Benefit (ATB) criteria. Call 253-566-5144 to schedule an appointment with Rebecca Jayasundara for ATB information
- Valid Social Security Number
- Not in default on other student loans or owe repayments on a grant
- Registered with the Selective Service (if required)
- Making satisfactory academic progress as defined by the TCC satisfactory academic progress requirements (including maintaining a 2.0 cumulative GPA after any 6 quarters of attendance)
Please Note: If you are advised into Adult Basic Education classes, you will not be eligible to receive financial aid until you have successfully completed that coursework.
Financial aid isn’t available for High School Completion, GED, Running Start, Fresh Start or Continuing Education classes.