3 Easy Steps for Admission
Upon successful completion, you will have the necessary documents to attend college at TCC: the F-1 student visa and the I-20 documentation.
Apply Online using our secure web form. You must be at least 16 years old at the time of attendance.
Submit supporting documents using the Submit Supporting Documents form. Documents are no longer accepted by e-mail or fax.
- Bank Statement in English showing $17,802 available for the first year of study – be sure to indicate your relationship to the person listed on the bank statement, as well as your name and date of birth.
- Copy of High School or College Transcript in English
- Copy of Passport Photo Page
How to submit supporting documents:
- Online form: Submit Supporting Documents
- Mail to:
Tacoma Community College
6501 South 19th Street - Bldg. 11, 2nd Floor
Tacoma, WA 98466 - USA
Pay the $55 application fee (non-refundable) and the optional $75 courier fee*.
* Spring 2018 applications submitted after Feb. 1-15, 2018 are subject to a required $75 courier fee for overseas shipping.
*Summer 2018 applications submitted May 1-15, 2018 are subject to a required $75 courier fee for overseas shipping.
How to pay fees:
- At the time of online application submission
- Online Payment Form (please select International in the type of payment field)
- Check from an American bank
- Money order from the postal service (not Western Union)
- Bank draft/Cashier's check
- Express Mail Courier Fee ONLY: View these instructions
- Deferral Request Form to defer your admission to a different quarter
- Transfer Form for students transferring to TCC from another U.S. school. Form may be submitted by e-mail.
- English Proficiency Form to submit proof of TOEFL/IELTS/English 101
- Release of Information Form gives TCC staff permission to share your academic progress with the people/agency/school you authorize on the form.
- Parental Consent Form for students under the age of 18.
After your complete application is received, an acceptance package will be created for you within two business days. This package contains a TCC acceptance letter, a consulate letter supporting your request for a student visa, and your I-20.
Your I-20 is a very important document that confirms your acceptance as an international
student in the U.S. You are required to present the complete admissions package to
the U.S. consulate in your home country. Keep your documents safe! If you lose any
of your documents, please notify us immediately.
You will need to make an appointment for an interview at the U.S. consular office nearest you. The US government requires that all F-1 visa applicants have an interview and pay a SEVIS fee and a visa fee. The wait time for an interview varies from country to country. Check the US State Department website to learn about visa application preparation and how long you must wait for an interview.
You’ve completed the application process – and you’re ready to arrive to the United States
As soon as you receive your F-1 visa, please let us know so that we can plan for your arrival by submitting a copy of your F-1 student visa. When you enter the U.S., you will need to show the immigration officer:
- Your I-20 form
- Your passport with a valid F-1 student visa
Students who need airport pick-up must schedule their flights on one of the designated Plan to Arrive dates listed on our Dates & Deadlines page. Remember to have the TCC international office phone number with you when you travel so that you can contact us if you have any problems. You can also find the office phone number on your I-20 form.
We are excited to meet you!
When you arrive, please check in with the International Program office in Building 11. We will help get you settled and ready to go. Bring your:
- I-20 form
- Admission letter