main photo


Ways2Pay workshops will help you figure out options to finance your education. Information includes:

  • Paying for college
  • TCC Foundation scholarships
  • Finding outside scholarships
  • FAFSA completion help (see below for complete list of what to bring)
  • Writing a personal statement (you'll start a first draft of your personal statement and get feedback from trained experts)
  • Workforce Education funding
  • College Bound scholarship info
  • Health plan options and expert sign-up assistance selecting a new health plan that fits your family's budget!
  • Options for 1079 students
  • *Free tax prep assistance filing your taxes and access to tax filing software (see below for complete list of what to bring and a link to online filing software)
  • Veterans benefits, and more!

*NOTE: this service is not offered at the 1/28 Ways2Pay session

Experts on hand! Plan to sit down at computers to complete your FAFSA or file your taxes or select new health care coverage—all online and all for free! Get help from experts to get all financial paperwork in order and make sure you’re on track.

What do I need for the FAFSA?

For all students, early FAFSA completion guarantees maximum award potential.

The FAFSA opens Jan. 1, 2015. Be sure you know your financial aid deadlines.

Below is a list of what to bring with you to Ways2Pay in order to be prepared to complete your FAFSA:

  • Social Security Number (both student and parents)
  • Driver’s License (if any, students only)
  • Student’s 2013 or 2014 Federal Income Tax Return
  • Parent’s 2013 or 2014 Federal Income Tax Return
  • Current bank statements (both student and parents)
  • Current business & investment information—stocks, bonds, etc.
  • 2013 or 2014 W-2 forms or records of money earned
  • 2013 or 2014 untaxed income records—Social Security, Temporary Assistance, Welfare, or veteran’s benefit records
  • Alien registration card (if not a US citizen)

NOTE: It is not necessary to wait on filing your FAFSA until you (or your parents) file their tax return. Bring the above information and you will be able to complete your FAFSA application before filing taxes. If you do not have your 2014 tax return, bring your 2013 tax returns with you to aid in completing your FAFSA.

What shoud I bring for the Tax Preparation?

*NOTE: this services is not offered at the 1/28 Ways2Pay session

Plan for assistance at Ways2Pay sessions in filing your taxes from trained volunteers.

  • Your spouse, if you're married filing jointly
  • Photo identification
  • End of year tax statements from all sources of income (W-2 from each job you worked, 1099’s for interest and dividend income, unemployment compensations, Social Security benefits, etc.)
  • A copy of last year’s tax return if you have it
  • Social Security card (not just the written number) or Individual Taxpayer Identification number (ITIN) for every person to be claimed on the return
  • Birthdates for every person to be claimed on your return
  • Childcare expenses and provider name, address, and tax ID number
  • Mortgage interest statement and property tax statement if you own a home
  • Documentation of college or other education expenses
  • Checking and savings account numbers for direct deposit.

Want to get started online filing your taxes now? Start filing on your own if you qualify under the following income guidelines (families/individuals who earn less than $58,000/year). Follow this link,, and for those who are income eligible you'll be able to complete your taxes for free!

Please consider rating the content on this page:
Poor Outstanding
Your comments about the content on this page:

If you would like us to get back with you, please share your email address (optional):