Transfer Rights and Responsibilities
Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Students have the right to clear, accurate, and current information about degree requirements, transfer admission requirements, transfer admission deadlines, and transfer policies that include course equivalencies.
- Transfer and freshman-entry students have the right to expect comparable standards for regular admission to programs and comparable program requirements.
- Students have the right to seek clarification regarding their transfer evaluations and may request the reconsideration of any aspects of those evaluations. In response, the college will follow established practices and processes for reviewing its transfer credit decisions.
- Students have the responsibility to complete all materials required for admission and to submit applications on or before published deadlines.
- Students have the responsibility to plan their courses of study by referring to the specific published degree requirements of the college or academic program at which they intend to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- When a student changes a major or degree program, the student assumes full responsibility for meeting the new requirements.
College and University Rights and Responsibilities
- Colleges and universities have the right and authority to determine program requirements and course offerings in accordance with their institutional missions.
- Colleges and universities have the responsibility to communicate and publish their requirements and course offerings to students and the public, including information about student transfer rights and responsibilities.
- Colleges and universities have the responsibility to communicate their admission and transfer related decisions to students in writing (electronic or paper).