Re-enrollment Procedures Following Academic Suspension
To re-enroll following an academic suspension, a student shall present a petition for re-enrollment to the Vice President for Student Services. The petition must include, but not be limited to, the following:
- A proposed class schedule for the coming quarter and a course list for two additional quarters
- Short-term (one to three quarters) educational goals
- Plans to improve academic standing
The student must meet with an advisor to review the petition and have the advisor sign the petition before it is submitted to the Vice President for Student Services.
The petition shall be filed with the Vice President for Student Services no later than one week before the start of classes for the quarter in which the student is seeking readmission to the college. After reviewing the student’s academic record and petition, as well as other pertinent information, the Vice President shall decide to take one or more of the following actions:
- Permit the student to register according to his or her proposed program of studies and class schedule
- Impose conditions on the student’s enrollment
- Require that the student undergo further academic assessment prior to registration
- Refer the student for learning assistance and/or counseling during the subsequent quarter
A student re-enrolling following academic suspension re-enters on probation. If he or she fails to attain a quarterly grade point average of 2.00 or higher the succeeding quarter he or she is enrolled for six or more credits after the 10th instructional day of that quarter, the student readmitted after suspension will be suspended for three consecutive quarters.