main photo

Incomplete Grade

An ‘I’ grade is given at the instructor’s discretion when a student has completed more than 60 percent of the quarter and has a plan to finish remaining course work. The student and instructor must fill out a contract form that identifies specific requirements to be completed, the time allowed for completion, and the grade to be assigned if the contract is not completed. One copy of the contract is retained by the instructor, one given to the student, and one given to the department chair or division dean. An ‘I’ grade will revert to ‘E’ if not completed within one year.