Developmental Studies: Math
Students will demonstrate increasing levels of mastery of Program Learning Outcomes throughout the developmental math curriculum. Upon successful completion of the Quantitative Skills requirement for the Associates degree, students will:
- Interpret, analyze and create graphs and charts that communicate quantitative or relational information.
- Determine, create and use appropriate and reasonable mathematic constructs to model, understand and explain phenomena encountered in the world.
- Determine and carry out appropriate algorithms to solve problems that are amenable to mathematical solutions.
- Communicate mathematical information formally, using appropriate math notation and terminology, and informally by using everyday language to express ideas.
- Use technology to analyze and solve mathematical problems and to effectively communicate solutions to problems, particularly those that cannot be solved efficiently by other means.