Assessment / Placement Test
One of the first steps new students complete after applying to the College is to take an assessment test which is used to place students in appropriate English and math classes. To determine which track you are entering on and see if you are required to take the placement test please select the category that best fits below:
I am a NEW STUDENT and this is my first time attending a college.
- You are required to take an Assessment Test prior to registering in your classes.
- The Accuplacer placement test is offered on a walk-in basis in the Welcome Center, Bldg. 7.
- See the Assessment website for testing hours and dates.
- Pay the $18.00 fee for the test online or at the Cashiers counter in Bldg. 18.
- Prepare for the assessment.
- You may re-test once after 48 hours if you are not satisfied with your placement.
- If you are a distance learning student who cannot come to campus call about proctored testing.
I am a RETURNING STUDENT and have attended TCC in the past.
- You may need to re-take the assessment test because assessment scores expire after 2 years.
- Re-testing may also be appropriate if you have improved your skills or the original assessment was not an accurate reflection of your abilities.
I am a TRANSFER STUDENT and have attended another college.
- If you have already assessed or taken classes at another school, you MAY NOT need to take the assessment test.
- Bring or send your test scores and transcript(s) to the Assessment office or call at (253) 566-5093.
- Request a transcript revew if you have completed college-level English and math courses at another college or university.