This program is taught predominantly in a traditional lecture and small groups class setting however you will be required to take CU 102 and HSP 126. There are also a number of general education courses offered in hybrid, and fully online format sp you will need to be comfortable and familiar with using a computer. If you feel you need some remedial training in computers, please check out the CU 100 course.
- Pentium level PC (we use a few Internet based programs that only work with Windows - if you want to use a MAC then it MUST be an Intel based Mac so you can run dual operating systems)
- Windows XP or higher operating system (we use a few Internet based programs that only work with Windows operating system - if you want to use a MAC then it MUST be an Intel based Mac so you can run dual operating systems)
- 56K modem or higher; Broadband Internet (DSL, Cable) connection is highly recommended
- Your word processing software must be able to "Save As" Rich Text format (RFT)
- Must be able to view Microsoft Documents (links to MS Word Viewer 2003, MS Excel Viewer 2003, MS PowerPoint Viewer 2003, MS PowerPoint Viewer 2007
- Must be able to view PDF files (adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Your system must have Java support (Java link)
- Fully functional Web Browser (links to Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, Safari)
- Plugs in to view multimedia (links to RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Macromedia Shockwave, Flash, and Quicktime)
- An ad-ware removal program (Spy-Bot Search & Destroy, Ad-Aware)
- Anti-Virus program (free link to AVG)
- Firewall (free links Comodo Personal Firewall or AVG)
The college uses the online classroom software called Angel.
Here you will find a number of tutorials to help you through computer tasks (such as how to cut, copy, and paste) as well as specific Angel functions (such as how to use discussion boards).
What to do in case of a computer disaster
Have a backup plan!
- Find family or friends who will let you come over and use their computer
- TCC library has computers available to you M-Th 7:30 a.m.- 7 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Bldg. 7
- The TCC Computer lab is located in Bldg. 28 at the end of the first floor (Information Commons). The hours are M-Th 7 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Friday 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Find out where your local public libraries are and what their hours are.
24/7 Technical Support on the Internet at: http://d2.parature.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=4439 or call 1.866.862.4987 to speak with a support representative
Please click "Next" for important information regarding financial aid and tuition.